PEBBLE BEACH AT 70 will celebrate the very best of the Pebble Beach Concours: the amazing cars, the great collectors, the judges and the partners that have enabled this annual event to have remained at the pinnacle of the historic motoring movement for so many years.
Whilst the cars are the stars, the stories that are interwoven through the years are very human and the financial benefit to the many charities over the years has been significant. Pebble Beach at 70 will reflect on the development of the Pebble Beach Concours d’Elegance – from its early role as the precursor to the races to its pioneering role in changing attitudes towards restoration and preservation. The book will be lavish in every respect – oversized, beautifully produced and with over 300 pages of great writing and stunning photography.
Available in Standard, Publisher’s and Chairman’s editions, the book will become a collectors’ item and highly sought after.
You can pre-order your copy now or purchase from the following specialist retailers:
Autobooks-Aerobooks Burbank (www.autobooks-aerobooks.com)
Hortons Books UK (www.hortonsbooks.co.uk)
Chaters Motoring Booksellers UK (www.chaters.co.uk)
Pasteiners Michigan (www.pasteiners.com)
Motors Mania France (www.motors-mania.com)
Pre-order your copy now.
Content to include:
- History of each Best of Show winner written by marque experts
- Stories of the Pebble Beach Road Races and the first ever Pebble Beach Concours d’Elegance
- The influence of heroic racer, restorer and collector Phil Hill
- Profiles of the people instrumental in the Concours’ success, including restorers, judges, chairmen and owners
- The rise – and importance – of the preservation class cars
- Explanations of judging methods and how they’ve have changed
- Personal reflections on the Concours from entrants, celebrities and key sponsors to the Concours
70 Years of Pebble Beach – the basics
Pagination: 308 + covers
Size: 330mm x 280mm portrait
To be published following the 70th running of Pebble Beach in 2021. The book will be available from early February 2022