WORDS: ELLIOTT HUGHES | PHOTOS: LAND ROVER
Bamford’s LR001 watch design was inspired by the Land Rover Defender off-roader, and it sports a suitably rugged 40mm titanium case with a ruthenium anthracite finish that houses a Swiss Sellita SW200-1b automatic movement. The watch is rated at 100m of water resistance.
The toned-grey LR001 dial features unique cutaway sections that overlay hidden green luminescence. A discreet ‘LR001’ inscription in Bamford’s signature aqua blue at six o’clock completes the dial design.
Customers can choose from four bio-based 18mm straps in black, navy, light tan and dark tan colourways. The black, light tan and dark tan options are manufactured from a corn-derived sustainable PU leather, while the navy strap is made of a hydrophobic Cordoba material made from recycled nylon.
The LR001 straps were created as a sustainable alternative to traditional leather, and mirror Land Rover’s recent commitment to offering sustainable materials in the interiors of its latest models.
George Bamford, founder and CEO of Bamford London said: “I am proud and excited to reveal this collaboration inspired by one of the world’s most iconic vehicles, the Defender. The grey dial on a fixed-lug, grey titanium case is the first iteration of the LR001. I have a long-standing relationship with Land Rover, and I am honoured to work with the design team as we unveil our first watch.”
Bamford will create just 100 examples of the LR001 watch at a price of £1350 apiece. For more information, click here.
- TYPE: Automatic watch in titanium case
- MOVEMENT: Sellita SW200-1b, 26 jewels, 28,800 Vph, 41-hour power reserve, refined ruthenium anthracite finish, blued screws. Premium (Top) regulation/adjustment. Glucydur balance. Incabloc shock-protection
- FUNCTION: Self-winding mechanism with ball bearing; hours, minute and sweep centre seconds; stop-second device
- CASE MATERIAL: Titanium
- CASE DIAMETER: 40mm
- CASE THICKNESS: 13.25mm
- CASEBACK MATERIAL: Titanium
- WATER-RESISTANCE: 100m/10ATM
- LUG WIDTH: 18mm